Friday, November 16, 2007

Improvements

I'm settled into the new digs, and things are looking up. My new room mate is from Bosnia, and is tolerable of the cooler temps I prefer for sleeping. He said he would prefer we turn the A/C unit off, as it is a window unit and somewhat noisy, which is very much OK with me. I was at the billeting office this evening, and the woman who had not been overly friendly asked how things were now, and I told her it was excellent, and my room mate was standing there in the office. She did the "YESSS!!!" thing with the arm motions and all, when I told her I had a great room mate. Things are definitely better over here now than two years ago.

On another note, I noticed when I was logging in, the last post showed something like 3:45 am as the time when I posted it. If I can find where to adjust the time, I will get it changed to my local time, instead of the time at home. Currently it is ten hours later here than it is at home.

Smooth Air, Long Flights, and Soft Landings.

1 comment:

Matt S. said...

Heya, Mike! It sounds like you are gradually adjusting to life on a different continent. Thanks for your somewhat informative and always entertaining 'blog updates! Did you get started way back when on a Pliable Moose too? I think it just about had to be blown out to get that thing to soar! I still have that sail, but the airframe is long gone (thank goodness)! - Later