Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Camp Speicher

I made it to Camp Speicher yesterday, and am sleeping in temporary housing for the moment. We did some orientation and driver training today, and will probably start doing some driving moving stuff around on the base tomorrow. We have orientation to the "C" sites on Friday, then should be able to go out on a convoy some time after that. The first trip out will be a "right seat, left seat" deal, where we ride along with another driver who has been at this base a while, to wherever we are going, and we drive back to here. Then we will be allowed to drive on convoys without any one else in the truck with us. I'm looking forward to getting to work. I currently don't know if I will be staying here, or if I will be transferred to another base. If I get transferred, it will most likely be to another of the "C" sites. They have "A, B, C, D, etc" sites over here, and the number one of each group is the primary base of the group. I don't have a clue as to why the sites are grouped this way, as it does not seem to be geographically sorted.

Hope everyone is well.

Smooth Air, Long Flights, and Soft Landings,

GliderMike

No comments: