Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Better Late than Never

I realized today I had not posted since I took my FAA Airframe test. As of October 17, 2009, I am officially an FAA rated Airframe Mechanic. I now have only four months of school left to be eligible to take the Powerplant test, and then I will be an "A&P." For anyone who isn't familiar with Aviation stuff, you have to be an FAA Rated (licensed) Mechanic to work on most aircraft in the United States. The only exceptions are the Amateur Built Experimental Aircraft which are commonly known as "Homebuilts." The reason I titled this post as "Better Late than Never," is because when I decided to start school, and told my wife I was going to do this, she told me she remembered me telling her I wanted an A&P Rating when we started running around together, before we started dating, more than twenty five years ago!

No comments: