Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Aviator's Annonymous

Today, I was exchanging emails with one of the people with The League of American Bicyclists about different stuff, and came to the full realization I am addicted to aviation. If there was an organization called Aviator's Anonymous, and it had meetings similar to Alcoholics Anonymous, I would need to belong, and go to the meetings. I am also an avid (there is a big difference between avid and expert) bicyclist, although not very current. I often tell people that my bicycles are the best investment as far as enjoyment, benefits, and value of anything I have ever done. I can't always say that about my aviation addictions, yet if I had to make a choice between the two, bicycling or aviation, I would give up the bicycles before I would give up aviation. Some people would say I have an aviation problem. I don't think so (not yet at least).

The real reason for today's post is because I added a link to another aviation site. My current preference to realize my habit is un-powered aviation, or as I like to call it "solar/gravity powered" aviation. The new link is to Soaring Space. Gloria is the owner/moderator, and had posted a comment in a friend's blog, and I had to check her site out, and...... Anyway, you can find the link in the "Links to my Friends Sites." Soaring Space also has a forum, with another group for me to discuss my opinions about things involving my habit!

I had applied for some other jobs over here. I applied for a supervisor's position, a truck driving position, and a transportation foreman's position, all within the Mail Mission. I heard the other day, I did not get the supervisor spot, which is probably just as well, and I heard today I did not get the truck driver job. Linda was hoping I would not get the truck driver job, as she didn't think it healthy to be driving around Baghdad. I interview on Friday for the foreman's position. I will gather some information about the duties and responsibilities of the job, and maybe I might be able to land it. The difference in the pay between the foreman's position, and my current position would be enough money to be able to get a new wing when I leave here in January. I have decided to leave Iraq January 3, 2009, and resume my studies to become an FAA Airframe and Power Plant mechanic. Classes start on January 12, 2009 where I will be able to pick up where I left off nearly two years ago. Anyone who reads this blog, may find it boring, but I have come to the realization, this is a good way for me to keep some semblance of a diary, so I can go back and see whether I am doing OK or not! If that doesn't make sense to you, oh well!

No comments: