Monday, March 12, 2007

North Texas Picnic Area with Shade Trees

This is a picnic area in the Panhandle of Texas, complete with shade trees. There is another picnic table to the right of the top photo, which only has an awning over the table, and no shade trees. The shade tree I am leaning against is the one to the left side of the photo with the three shade trees. You have to look closely for the third tree, which is between the two larger trees. Part of the reason for this post, is, my best friend Garry (aside from Linda, my wife) lives north of Charlotte, North Carolina, where they have entirely too many trees for my comfort. I wanted Garry to see what it looks like near where I have spent most of my life, so he might be able to understand why I think there are too many trees where he lives. Garry says the trees are good so you can have shade.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The next time I get Garry in front of the computer, I'll make him see thia post. I promise! He doesn't tell me no very often, so I know I can do it. It's a sparse, beautiful area and I'd love to see more of it, when you get the time to send more pics. By the way, shade trees are the best when you have a nice bottle of wine and a great book... just so ya know.
Talk to you soon.
Melanie***